I am feeling bad as I've neglected my blog for quite some time. Therefore, I've decided to get back on the bandwagon and start to chronicle our crazy family adventures here again.
Well I'm finally getting back to normal or a little more sane (just a little - I don't know what we were thinking with two:). Little Owen was born on July 5th, and his entrance into this world was very indicative of his little personality - totally serene and peaceful. I had my first contraction around 8:30 p.m. and was putting Oliver to bed at 10 p.m. - telling him Jack and the Bean Stalk and Jack kept climbing the damn bean stalk because my contractions were getting pretty strong, Oliver said at one point, "Mom he at the top":) When the midwife came a little after 10 I was already 4 cm. I helped Darwin set up the tub and get things ready and by 11 p.m. I was already 8.5 cm. I got in the tub and had three contractions where my body just pushed little Owen out by 11:40 pm. It was insanely fast and to be honest I don't even remember it as it seemed to be over before it started. The midwife said I looked at her once he was out and said, "Well that was easy". Owen entered this world completely quiet, and didn't cry for three days. We actually thought something was wrong with him. As it turns out things happen for a reason because two days after he was born Darwin broke his ankle playing rec softball (for a team that never wins, sliding into third base in the 1st inning). He called me to tell me that he had an accident and then put the "paramedics" on. I frantically told them to take him out of the ambulance as he didn't have insurance and to tell him to find someone to put him in the back of their car:) It all ended well as I was retroactively able to get him on my insurance, but he had to have surgery on Tuesday (8 screws) and will be on crutches for 6 weeks, so it's like having three babies:) I honestly don't know how women do it alone with more than one kid.....
Here are some more recent family pictures. I promise more to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment